Rebecca specialises in intellectual property and media law on both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Rebecca advises clients on the creation, protection, exploitation and infringement of intellectual property rights for clients across a number of different sectors including; financial and professional services, technology and telecoms, health and leisure.
Rebecca's particular focus is on contentious IP and media matters. She has particular experience of High Court litigation, arbitration, and mediation and advises clients on related general commercial disputes that have an IP element.
- Acting for an international textile manufacturer in High Court proceedings in a copyright dispute concerning fabric designs and breach of an agency agreement with a UK distributor. Successfully over-turning two copyright and freezing injunctions.
- Acting for an international pharmaceuticals company in International Arbitration Proceedings (ICC proceedings) in relation to the breach of trade mark licence agreements and exclusive distribution agreements in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising various media clients on internet related cases involving the unauthorised copying of website content and publications on-line and website fraud and abuse.
- Advising a Dutch bank on the protection and exploitation of its intellectual property rights, specifically copyright protection in its computer software and its trade mark.
- Advising an international artist on the protection of IP rights, particularly design rights and copyright.
- Advising on the transfer and/or purchase of domain names and developing and co-ordinating brand protection strategies.
- Advising on contractual provisions in general commercial, financial and employment and consultancy agreements relating to IPR, restrictive covenants and confidentiality terms and conditions.
Kate specialises in intellectual property and media law, both contentious and non-contentious.
Kate advises clients on the creation, protection, exploitation and infringement of intellectual property rights for clients across a number of different sectors including financial and professional, technology and telecoms, health and leisure.
- Acting for a leading healthcare recruitment organisation in High Court proceedings in relation to a database right, copyright and breach of restrictive covenant dispute.
- Acting on an LCIA arbitration relating to the alleged breach of a branding agreement relating to a global luxury goods brand.
- Advising on contractual provisions in general commercial, financial, employment and consultancy agreements relating to confidentiality terms and conditions.
- Advising on the availability for use and suitability of trade marks and advising various clients on trade mark protection strategies.
- Carrying out various due diligence exercises for companies arising out of commercial transactions and advising on the acquisition and disposal of intellectual property rights.